We are back from our Outer Banks road trip and I am excited to begin recapping my trip with you! This was another camping road trip visiting 6 different campgrounds in 4 states in 10 days.
- Night 1: Laurel Hill State Park in Somerset, Pennsylvania
- Explored Fredricksburg Battlefield
- Night 2 & 3: Chickahominy Riverfront Park near Williamsburg, Virginia
- Visited Yorktown and Jamestowne
- Night 4 & 5: Frisco Campground in Buxton, North Carolina
- Explored Hatteras Lighthouse and Pea Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Night 6 & 7: Ocracoke Campground in Ocracoke, North Carolina
- Explored Ocracoke beach and the Village of Ocracoke
- Night 8: Oregon Inlet in Nags Head, North Carolina
- Visited Bodie Island Lighthouse, Wright Brothers National Memorial, and Roanoke Island
- Night 9: Owen Creek Campground in Thurmont, Maryland
- Explored Harpers Ferry National Historic Park, Anteitam National Battlefield, and Cuyahoga Valley National Park
In some ways, this trip was the exact opposite of our trip last year. Where last year we headed north, this year we went south. Where it was cold last year, this year I felt like I was on the surface of the sun. Tent camping on the beach is rough because there is no shade and no escape from the relentless southern heat. I love the Outer Banks but next time, I’m staying in the air conditioning.
This photo was taken at the beach at Frisco Campground at sunset. Sunsets on the beach can be tricky because they are often lacking a foreground subject. Being that this is an ORV beach, I found my foreground subject by looking down.
Thanks for stopping by! Come back next Monday to read more about our trip. If you like my photos be sure to “like” my Facebook Page, follow me on Instagram, and Flickr! To see inside my camera bag, check out my Gear Page.
Leave a Reply